Expert Medical Translator and Writer in English and Spanish
I was born in Spain in 1975. I started speaking Spanish and English almost from the crib, and as far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a linguist. As I was growing up I started developing a relentless fascination by the mysteries of the human body. At eighteen, I went to college and embarked on a 10-year journey of training in medicine and translation in both Europe and the US. I became the medical translator and writer that I am today. I can’t believe twenty years of professional practice have already gone by. I wonder what the next twenty will bring to my team and I.
Degrees and Accreditations to practice Medical Writing in English and Spanish
- B.A. in Neurolinguistics (University of La Rioja, Spain)
- Masters in Education (University of La Rioja, Spain)
- Masters in Medical Translation (UNED University, Madrid, Spain)
- Elsevier Licensed Medical Translator
- Holder of ICBMED International Accreditation of Proficiency in Medical Spanish Language
- Member of the Spanish National Corps of English Language Professors
- Professor of English Language at the La Rioja College of Physicians, Spain
- President of ICBMED · International Certification Board of Medical Language Proficiency
- Pedagogical director of jctranslations.com scientific-medical translations bureau
- The ICBMED Bulletin (2017-present)
- Complete Medical Dictionary (Editorial Club Universitario, 2013).
- Bounce – The Technical Basketball Dictionary (BookSurge Publishing, 2009)
Medical Writing and Translating in the U.S.
Translator of the following Elsevier Scientific Medical Journals published in Europe